Confetti Quesadillas with Colby and Monterey Jack CheeseFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- 12 soft corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim colby cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels or black beans shopping list
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, finely minced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely minced shopping list
- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ shopping list
- cilantro yogurt "Sour Cream" shopping list
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely minced cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat large skillet over low heat.
- Line up six tortillas. Divide cheese, corn, cilantro and peppers between the tortillas, then cover each with a second tortilla.
- Place a tortilla on the dry skillet or grill and warm until cheese is melted and tortilla is slightly golden, about three minutes. Flip and cook other side until golden, about one minute. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each into 6 wedges.
- Serve each wedge with a dollop of Cilantro Yogurt "Sour Cream."
- Makes 36 wedges.
- Cilantro Yogurt "Sour Cream": Line a large strainer with a coffee filter or paper towel and place over a mixing bowl. Pour in yogurt and let sit until some of the liquid has drained away and the yogurt is the consistency of sour cream, about one hour. Transfer to small mixing bowl; stir in cilantro and salt. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. ( Straining yogurt gives you a no-fat version of sour cream with a light tang that blends nicely with cilantro. Try it with chili and other spicy dishes as well.)
People Who Like This Dish 9
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- mrpiggy Mendocino County, CA
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- m11andrade Kankakee, IL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- rescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
- sallyb Davis, CA
- lasaf St. Paul, MN
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
sounds great! will tryrescue_ranger in New Baltimore loved it
ohhhhhh yumm this sounds really good tonight going to check to see if i have some of these things lol
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
How about a little cubed chicken breast that was cooked in fajita or taco seasoning? Oh I know I would be over stuffing these things, and myself.lasaf in St. Paul loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!