Chutneyed Chicken SaladFrom rhianna 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup mango chutney (any brand of Major Grey's style) shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups cooked & diced chicken shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, diced finely shopping list
- 1-2 green onions, minced shopping list
- salt, black pepper & cayenne pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Either chop the large chunks of fruit in the mango chutney, or use a blender or mini food processor to make a chunky puree.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chutney, mayonnaise, & curry powder.
- Add the chicken, toasted almonds, celery, & green onions. *Note: If the chicken salad will not be eaten immediately , then the almonds can be added later. This will maintain their crunch.
- Stir salt, black pepper & cayenne pepper into chutney & chicken mixture, to suit your taste. (Suggested quantities: 1-2 pinches salt, 4 fresh grinds of black pepper, & 4-8 light sprinkles of cayenne pepper. Start with the lesser amount & add more, if desired.)
- Serve as a sandwich with lettuce, as a salad on a bed of lettuce, or eat it as is.
- ** Variations possible include adding: diced apple; currants; raisins; using garam masala instead of curry powder (garam masala is another type of Indian spice blend, predominantly cinnamon, cardamom, & clove).
The Cookrhianna NM
The Rating4 people
Delicious! I made a double batch with most of a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store since it is too danged hot to turn on the stove here. I am keeping the almonds on the side so we can add them to individual servings so they don't get soggy. Th...morewhodunitrdr in Bellingham loved it
Super... super recipe!berry in Riverside loved it
High 5berry in Riverside loved it