Chutneyed Chicken SaladFrom rhianna 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup mango chutney (any brand of Major Grey's style) shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups cooked & diced chicken shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, diced finely shopping list
- 1-2 green onions, minced shopping list
- salt, black pepper & cayenne pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Either chop the large chunks of fruit in the mango chutney, or use a blender or mini food processor to make a chunky puree.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chutney, mayonnaise, & curry powder.
- Add the chicken, toasted almonds, celery, & green onions. *Note: If the chicken salad will not be eaten immediately , then the almonds can be added later. This will maintain their crunch.
- Stir salt, black pepper & cayenne pepper into chutney & chicken mixture, to suit your taste. (Suggested quantities: 1-2 pinches salt, 4 fresh grinds of black pepper, & 4-8 light sprinkles of cayenne pepper. Start with the lesser amount & add more, if desired.)
- Serve as a sandwich with lettuce, as a salad on a bed of lettuce, or eat it as is.
- ** Variations possible include adding: diced apple; currants; raisins; using garam masala instead of curry powder (garam masala is another type of Indian spice blend, predominantly cinnamon, cardamom, & clove).
The Cookrhianna NM
The Rating4 people
Super... super recipe!berry in Winter Park loved it
High 5berry in Winter Park loved it
Delicious! I made a double batch with most of a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store since it is too danged hot to turn on the stove here. I am keeping the almonds on the side so we can add them to individual servings so they don't get soggy. Th...morewhodunitrdr in Bellingham loved it