Noodles With Buttered CrumbsFrom indicatorsrule1 7 years ago
- 3 quarts water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 oz thin or medium wide noodles (preferably homemade) shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs shopping list
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 3/4 tsp poppy seeds shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- dash of paprika shopping list
How to make it
- In a very deep kettle, bring the water, salt and oil to a full rolling boil over high heat. Sprinkle in the noodles, return to a boil. Cover tightly, remove from the heat and allow the noodles to stand for 25 minutes, or until they are tender. Drain in a colander. Add 1/3 cup of the butter to the noodle kettle and melt it over low heat. Return the drained noodles to the kettle and toss lightly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt the remaining 1/3 cup of butter over medium heat and add the cracker crumbs. Stir and toast until the crumbs begin to turn golden. Add the parsley, poppy seeds, and black pepper, and blend. Transfer the buttered noodles to a serving dish, sprinkle the buttered crumbs on the top, and dust with a small amount of paprika.
The Cookindicatorsrule1 Gilbert, AZ
The Rating3 people
March 31/16 Family loved this recipe and I used I Cannot Believe it's not Butter and the full 2/3's called for. Did not find that the amount used over powered the recipe. I made my own noodles and used moreNadineM in Mississauga loved it
Tastes good. Quick and easy buttered noodles.
See Noodles With Buttered Crumbs for more.
3/27/16pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!