Viener Schnitzel With Parsley PotatoesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 veal cutlet shopping list
- 2 oz flour shopping list
- 2 oz eggs shopping list
- 2 oz plain breadcrumbs shopping list
- 4 oz fingerling potatoes shopping list
- Quarter Bunch of parsley shopping list
- corn oil for frying shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Lingonberry (can be purchased at gourmet grocers or markets) shopping list
How to make it
- Pound the meat very thin and salt both sides.
- Create an assembly line with 3 plates of the following: first plate fill with flour, second eggs - salt again, third breadcrumbs.
- Coat the veal in each of the three plates in order.
- Boil the potatoes until tender and cut them in wedges after cooking.
- Chop parsley very fine.
- Heat oil in a frying pan (The oil needs to get extremely hot and there must be a lot of oil in the pan - the meat should be swimming in it!)
- When the oil is very hot, place the meat in the pan.
- Move the pan back and forth so that the oil makes waves (this makes the crust on the veal rise and creates the renowned texture).
- In the mean time take another pan and melt 1 tablespoon of butter - when the butter is melted add the parsley.
- When the meat is fully expanded and the crust is “blown up” it is ready.
- Add a piece of butter in it to get a rich butter flavor.
- Drain the meat on a paper towel.
- Add the potatoes to the second pan and sauté, stir until potatoes are coated in parsley.
- Place Lingonberries on a plate and add the veal and potatoes.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
a definite must try thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This sounds fantastic. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
a new twist to my favorite clasic thanks and such a good one too.maywest in Tangerine loved it
German Recipes25 members
German Food68 members
Delicious Foods39 members
German RecipesDeutsch32 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Anything Fried68 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members
International Dishes43 members
Easy But Darn Good80 members