Blackberry SconesFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 sticks ice cold butter cut into small chunks shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1 cup fresh blackberries sweetened shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Cut butter into dry mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles meal.
- Chill 10 minutes then add blackberries and mix well until blackberries are coated well with flour.
- Add buttermilk a little at a time mixing until all ingredients are moistened and forms dough.
- Gather into a ball and knead 15 times on a flour covered board or table.
- Roll out dough to 1” thickness then cut out scones with a floured heart shaped biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet close together but not touching.
- Brush tops with buttermilk and sprinkle with sugar then bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with blackberry jam.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating11 people
loving blackberries!midgelet in Eastern loved it
it's blackberry season here and I haveaccess to wild onesthat grow 1 - 1 1/2 inches long. Thankskarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
Got a blackberry scone a couple weeks ago at O'Hare airport and it was so yummy.....You know I'm gonna try this recipe....Thanks, my friendwynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!