Grandmothers Fried Peach PiesFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- Filling shopping list
- 6-7 ounces dried fruit (I used peaches, can use apples, apricots, or other dried fruit) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 T lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- Dough shopping list
- 2 Cups flour shopping list
- 1 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 C white vegetable shortening ( I.E: Crisco etc ) shopping list
- 1/2 C of milk (can add a little more if needed) shopping list
How to make it
- Place dried fruit in a pot and add water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer until fruit is tender. Add other ingredients and mash together with a potato masher or fork. Set aside while dough is prepared.
- In medium bowl, place flour and salt.
- Stir together.
- Cut in shortening with a long tined fork.
- Add in milk and stir until dough sticks together.
- Divide into ten portions.
- Roll each portion out on a floured surface into a five or six inch circle.
- Place two tablespoons of filling in each.
- Wet the edges and fold over, crimping with a fork.
- Cook ( Fry ) in oil which has been heated on medium heat, until browned on both sides, turning as needed.
- Remove to paper towel lined plate.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Yummy! Homemade ones are the best. Haven't had these in years. My hubby always talks about his Grannys Apple fried pies and how good they were. She dried the apples herself on the porch. That was a long time ago. Will save this one for sure.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
what a nice treat ... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it