Agoa Beef CurryFrom trev 5 years ago
- 2kgs Stewing steak cubed shopping list
- 4 Large onions finely chopped shopping list
- 4 Large tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 4 Large tomatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks shopping list
- 12 spring onions cut into 10 – 15 mm lengths shopping list
- 20 shallots chopped in half shopping list
- 500g Small scat potatoes; halved or quartered to a good chunk size shopping list
- 1 Medium sweet potato cut to pieces the same as potato shopping list
- 4 Thick medium carrots chopped shopping list
- 1L beef stock shopping list
- 1 Bulb of garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 100g roasted pine nuts shopping list
- Large can coconut cream shopping list
- curry of choice shopping list
- cracked pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Simmer beef in stock with pepper, finely chopped onions, garlic and tomatoes, until the beef is cooked. Be careful not to over cook at this stage, as more cooking is required when cooking the other vegetables.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan and add curry to activate flavours and add shallots, stirring until the shallots are starting to brown.
- Add the curry and chopped shallots in the beef, along with the carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes and coconut cream
- When just about done, stir in the pine nuts, large chunked tomato and spring onions. Take the pot of the heat, place the lid on and wait for the residual heat to soften the tomato and spring onion. This should only take about 10 minutes.
- Serve and eat with good company
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cooktrev Bogangar, AU
The Rating6 people
Excellent --and only last night we had dinner with a group of 10 friends ,and served in the middle of the table was a curry similar but not as interesting as yours --so sweet potato ,no shallots and no pine nuts --I'll have to surprise the group w...morehuxter in Mundoona loved it
This sounds wonderful and right up my alley in the flavor department. Thanks for the share!dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
Another yummy curry recipe Trev. Thanks for the post and a high 5 to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!