Easy Spicy Grilled Tilapia With Vidalia Bello Sauce - ciFrom keni 6 years ago
- 6 tilapia fillets shopping list
- 1T garlic powder shopping list
- 1T onion powder shopping list
- 2T paprika shopping list
- 1-2t cayenne(I use a T :) shopping list
- 2t dry herb of your choice(parsley, thyme, sage, basil, etc) shopping list
- 1t brown sugar shopping list
- 1t kosher or sea salt shopping list
- 1t fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 1 lemon or lime shopping list
- 2T butter,melted shopping list
- Vidalia Bello Sauce: shopping list
- 12-16oz baby portobello mushrooms, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 medium vidalia onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 1T cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or white wine shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- pinch of fresh nutmeg, grated shopping list
- 1/4-1t cayenne(for your taste--I use a full t, easy) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt, and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and pat dry fish fillets.
- Add juice from 1 lime, or 1/2 lemon to melted butter and drizzle over fillets.
- Combine all dry ingredients, crushing slightly, if needed, for smooth texture, and sprinkle over both sides of each fillet.
- Grill over medium coals for about 4 minutes, each side, until fish is white, and flakes easily. DO NOT OVER COOK
- For Sauce:
- Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add cornstarch til combined with the butter. (this will be "ugly" at this point, and look slightly clumpy, but it's okay)
- Add stock or wine and cook, stirring, until smooth and heated through.
- Add half and half, nutmeg, salt and peppers, and cook until heated through and thickened. If a thinner consistency is desired, add more stock or wine 1T at a time.
- Spoon sauce over fillets, to serve.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating6 people
Sounds fantastic to me!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Sounds and LOOKS good Keni. Love tilapia. It goes so well with any sauce. ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it