English MuffinsFrom shandy 7 years ago
- Time does not include dough rising. shopping list
- (Makes approximately 12 to 15 muffins) shopping list
- 2 T. 105 - 115 degree water shopping list
- 1 package active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 c. water shopping list
- 1/2 c. scalded milk shopping list
- 2 t. sugar shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 4 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 T. butter, softened shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve 2 Tablespoons water and yeast for 3 minutes. Combine water, milk, sugar, salt and yeast together, gradually beat in 2 cups flour. Cover with cloth. Let rise in warm area, 85 degrees F., for about 1 1/2 hours or until dough collapses back into the bowl. (The oven with oven light on would be the perfect place to let the dough rise.)
- Beat in butter. Knead in remaining flour. Press dough to a thickness of 1/2" and cut out with muffin rings. Let stand on lightly greased baking sheet (or silicon mat) until dough has doubled in size. Transfer muffins onto a fairly hot, well buttered griddle. Remove muffin rings. Cook until light brown. Turn once. Cool on rack. Serve with butter and marmalade.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating10 people
fantastic muffin great post thanks bunches.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is a keeper.tinadunlap in Greenwood loved it
As the Brits would say, "JOLLY GOOD"!
High five! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!