Rum CakeFrom tashmoore 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk shopping list
- 2 tsps. rum extract shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- butter Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup confectionery sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup rum shopping list
- 1 tsp. rum extract shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter with mixer then gradually add sugar and mix well.
- Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Combine buttermilk and rum extract.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients and buttermilk to butter mixture alternately, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Grease and flour Bundt pan and cook at 350°F for 60-65 minutes. When done, insert a narrow spatula or knife around edges of pan to loosen.
- Poke long toothpicks into cake all over top.
- Heat ingredients to butter sauce until all blended. (add rum after heating to retain more alcohol)
- Slowly drizzle hot butter sauce over cake allowing time for it to be absorbed.
- Cool completely in pan before removing.
- Sprinkle with confectionery sugar.
The Cooktashmoore Fort Meade, MD
The Rating6 people
Great post! Meyers Dark Rum - Yum!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Sounds great to me, you have my 5 forks.henrie in Savannah loved it
love the sound of this cake... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it