Vanilla Sheet CakeFrom foodinnewengland 6 years ago
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ( i scrape one whole vanilla bean) shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 pound powdered sugar shopping list
- 2+ tablespoons evaporated milk shopping list
- walnuts or pecans, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- For cake, bring 2 sticks butter and water to a boil. Combine flour, sugar and salt; add to butter mixture. Beat together eggs, buttermilk, soda and vanilla. Add to batter. Pour batter into greased 13x9 jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Frost as soon as cake comes out of the oven.
- For frosting, melt remaining stick of butter. While still hot, stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Add enough evaporated milk to make a mixture of spreading consistency. Beat well and add chopped nuts.
The Cookfoodinnewengland Claremont, NH
The Rating5 people
Looks yummy! I am not a chocolate fan so this is really appealing! Thanks for the post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
What a great post.grumpymomma in Saint Louise loved it
This tastes great, I made it for my husband's birthday! Thank you!summerstorms in Charlotte loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!