Bacon-wrapped Dates (Speckdatteln)From hollyeats 6 years ago
- 30 pitted whole dates shopping list
- 30 thin slices bacon shopping list
- 30 whole blanched almonds (optional) shopping list
- 30 round toothpicks (may not be necessary) shopping list
- spice mixture 1: shopping list
- garlic salt - about a teaspoonful shopping list
- Fresh-ground black pepper - about half that shopping list
- ground red pepper or milder paprika - a teaspoonful if paprika, otherwise half that shopping list
- spice mixture 2: shopping list
- onion salt - about a teaspoonful shopping list
- ground ginger - about a teaspoonful shopping list
- Fresh-ground black pepper - half that shopping list
How to make it
- Stuff each date with an almond if using.
- Choose your spice mixture and mix well in a flat pan or pie pan.
- Coat each bacon strip on one side with spice mixture.
- Roll bacon around date, spice mixture outwards.
- Lay seam-side down on a plate as you make them.
- When they are all wrapped, place carefully on a broiler pan.
- If the bacon won't stay wrapped, use toothpicks to secure, but it's easier without them.
- Broil about 6" from heat, watching carefully and turning, until browned and sizzling on all sides.
- You can make them in a frying pan but they ted to burn more easily then, and don't get quite as crisp.
- Serve warm and wait for raves.
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
The Rating5 people
Yummy - can't wait to try these with seasonings!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
OH YEAH anythis with Bacon I am there....and i just so happen to have some fresh wild bore apple cherry smoked bacon to do this with......
big Bear 5 heregrizzlybear in loved it
Love these. They are also great using dried apricots.joe1155 in Munchen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!