Cherry Mini Pound CakesFrom peetabear 4 years ago
- • 1 1/4 cups butter, softened shopping list
- • 2 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- • 5 eggs shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- • 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk) shopping list
- • 2 cups quartered maraschino cherries, well drained (two 16-ounce jars or three 10-ounce jars), well drained (reserve juice if using frosting option*) shopping list
- • powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla on low speed until blended, then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with sweetened condensed milk to creamed mixture, mixing lightly after each addition.
- Fold in cherries. Turn batter into greased and floured mini loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans 5 minutes; invert cakes onto rack and let cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
- Notes, Tips & Suggestions
- Note: This recipe may also be prepared in a 10-inch Bundt pan. Use only 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk. Increase baking time to 55 minutes plus 15 to 20 minutes covered loosely with foil, shiny side out. Cake may be dusted with powdered sugar prior to serving or frosted.
- In medium saucepan, combine remaining sweetened condensed milk with 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture thickens. Stir in 1/3 cup cherry juice and spoon over cake.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating8 people
I know that I got to make this.Thank you.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
Love anything cherry! These would be great as little home-baked gifts. Thanks and 5 forks.maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
Wow, wonderful recipe, only thing different I would do is use almond extract. Another 5 forks coming your way, thank you so much for sharing.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!