Cajun EggrollsFrom hot_it_up 5 years ago
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage shopping list
- 1 carrot, shredded shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded celery root shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded yellow bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons very thinly sliced scallion shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger spice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced lime zest shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
- Tabasco to taste shopping list
- 1 pound crawfish tails shopping list
- Egg roll wrappers shopping list
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- vegetable or peanut oil for deep-frying shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the cabbage, carrots, celery root, bell peppers and scallions in the olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until just wilted. Remove from the heat and add the ginger, lime zest, garlic, cilantro, soy, coriander, salt, pepper, Tabasco and crawfish tails. Toss to mix well.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of the mixture in a wrapper, sealing the edges with egg wash. (The rolls can be stored in the freezer at this point.) Fry in hot oil (around 375 degrees) until golden brown.
- I have found that equal parts Creole mustard and red pepper jelly makes a great sauce for dipping.
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating2 people
You sold me with the crawfish tails! I miss home when I see recipes like this - in Washington we don't get these - or if we do - who knows how old they are!
Thanks for the recipe - will try it with shrimp!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!