Zwaanendael Bacon-Wrapped Sausage BurgersFrom mrjwjohnson 5 years ago
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander shopping list
- ½ tsp ground cloves shopping list
- ½ tsp ground mustard shopping list
- pinch ground nutmeg shopping list
- pinch ground allspice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp fine salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 medium eggs shopping list
- 2 oz red wine vinegar shopping list
- ½ tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground beef or venison shopping list
- 1 lb ground pork shopping list
- 12 bacon strips shopping list
- 6 hamburger buns shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the first ten ingredients in a large bowl. Crumble beef into the mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.
- Lay a strip of bacon on a flat surface and lay another strip on top the first forming an X place a burger patty in the center of the X. Wrap the bacon strips around each burger; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side until meat is no longer pink or bake burgers in a baking dish at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns with all you favorite burger toppings.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmrjwjohnson Delmar, MD
The Rating6 people
Sounds yummy - my mouth is watering already! Anything with bacon makes me a happy woman...lol ^5madmommy in Wayne loved it
Soon as I saw the name, I KNEW it was from Lewes! Nice little town...awesome sounding recipe that I fully intend to try on the grill this weekend. Printing for my shopping trip, Jack.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
I really like this. Thanks for the post ^5 and flagged.victoriaregina in USA loved it