Pumpkin Rum Quick BreadFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 2 cups golden raisins shopping list
- 3/4 cup dark rum shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups pumpkin puree shopping list
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Place the golden raisins into a saucepan. Add rum and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to sit in the rum for 60 minutes. This will help the raisins to absorb the rum. After remove raisins from the saucepan and discard the remaining liquid. Set raisins aside for later.
- Place flour into a large bowl. Add in the allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add in the baking powder, baking soda and the salt. Then in a separate bowl pour in the vegetable oil.
- Using a whisk add the sugars to the oil and mix well.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and mix. Add in the eggs one at a time, then mix till all the eggs are well incorporated.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture. Stir just till blended. Add in the raisins and mix. Stir in the toasted pumpkin seeds and mix.
- Place mixture into 2 greased 9x5 loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60 minutes or until the temperature reaches 180 -185F. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Place on a wire rack to cool.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
Yummers - I definitely will make this one but I will make it in my smaller pans so I can give a "few" people a taste!
Great post Peeta!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Saved this one. WOW 5victoriaregina in USA loved it
Sure sounds yummy! Great use for pumpkin, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!