Fried Apples With BaconFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 large granny smith apples cored and cut into thick slices shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 pound bacon chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place apples in bowl then add sugar, juice, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves then toss to coat.
- Sauté bacon in skillet over medium heat until crisp then drain bacon on paper towels.
- Add apples to bacon drippings in skillet and sauté until apples are tender about 10 minutes.
- Transfer apples and juices in skillet to bowl then sprinkle with bacon.