Mamas Fried ChickenFrom sandygalesmith 5 years ago
- 1 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with papper towls.In a small bowl, combine the salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.Using your fingers, rub the spice mixture all over the chicken pieces to coat evenly.Cover and refrigerate from 20 minutes to 24 hours (the longer the better).
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 3 inches of oil to 350o F.Preheat oven to 350o F,In a shallow bowl, whick together the eggs and water.Place the flour in a shallow dish.
- Dipthe chicken pieces first into the egg mixture and then into the flour, shaking off any ecess.Fry the chicken, in batches if necessary, until golden brown and crisp on the outsideand just cooked through (about 13 minutes for dark and about 10 minutes for white meat). Transfer chicken to a paper towl-lined plate to drain.Serve hot/
- MAKES 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
The Cooksandygalesmith Saint Joseph, MO
The Rating14 people
One of the hardest dishes for me to get right when learning to cook.
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it
Sounds really good. Thanks & 5 forksbrianna in loved it
Very nice!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it