Seared Sea Scallops with a Watercress Truffle CoulisFrom ironchef 8 years ago
- For the Scallops: shopping list
- 20 ea., sea scallops shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil for frying shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- For the Coulis: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups watercress, leaves and thin stems only shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup clam juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Sherry vinegar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- White truffle oil to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor or blender, combine the watercress, olive oil, clam juice, vinegar. Blend until smooth. If the coulis is too thick, thin it out with a little water. It should not be like a pesto type consistency. Transfer to a sauce pan and heat until about 160 degrees. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter until emulsified. Season to taste with kosher salt, and whisk in the truffle oil to desired strength.
- Meanwhile, heat two saute pans with 3 Tbsp. of oil in each until smoking. Season the scallops with kosher salt and pepper, and add 10 scallops to each pan and sear until about medium doneness, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Serve immediately with the watercress coulis.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookironchef Honolulu, HI
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!