Old Fashioned Jelly RollFrom diannehocut 5 years ago
How to make it
- Sift flour once, then measure. Set aside.
- Combine baking powder, salt, and eggs in bowl. Place over smaller bowl of hot water and beat with rotary egg beater, adding sugar gradually until mixture becomes thick and light colored.
- Remove bowl from hot water. Fold in flour and vanilla.
- Turn into a 15x10in jelly roll pan that has been greased, lined with wax paper, then greased again on top of the wax paper.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 13 minutes.
- Quickly cut off crisp edges when you remove from baking.
- Turn from pan at once onto cloth covered with powdered sugar. Remove wax paper and spread with jelly, spreading almost to edge.
- Roll quickly. Wrap in cloth and cool on rack.
- Cut when completely cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
The Cookdiannehocut Little Rock, AR
The Rating8 people
I remember one of my Aunts used to make an simaler
recipe like this.They are good.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
Mom use to fill hers with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Dusting the top with powdered sugar. These are so good.henrie in Savannah loved it
Yummygrumpymomma in Saint Louise loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!