My Grannys Beef Casserole Gravy With RiceFrom hungerhealer 4 years ago
- 800 gr beef , arm-chuck , rinsed and cut to 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 2 large onions , peeled , rinced , finely chopped NOT blendered shopping list
- 3 large ripe 'n firm tomatoes , rinced and very finely chopped shopping list
- 1 green hornpepper , rinced and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 medium bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 2 mugs extra virgin greek olive oil shopping list
- 2 extra hot baby chili peppers ( omit if you dont like hot dishes ) shopping list
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika , 1/2 tsp hot paprika shopping list
- 4 tbsp fresh finely chopped parsley shopping list
- salt 'n white pepper to your taste shopping list
- 400 gr parboiled yellow rice ( NEVER Carolina or any white rice ) shopping list
- 4 tbsp white butter ( lamb ) . This is the secret !! shopping list
- Love and passion for cooking !! shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan heat oil , add onions , pepper , bay leaves and garlic and sautee until ALMOST brown
- Add meat and stir-fry until it turns grey in colour
- Add tomatoes , parsley and lower temp to simmer , add 2 mugs of hot water salt and pepper and simmer for 100 min , checking now 'n then adding a little water ONLY IF needed.
- Add remaining spices , further low the temp and simmer slowly for 20 min or until ALL WATER has evaporated , leaving only oil at the bottom of the sauce pan
- In another sauce pan , boil 2 lt water with 1/2 tbsp salt
- Add rice , lower temp and boil for about 20 min
- Add a lot of water , stir thouroughly and drain-rince rice well . ( It must loose all its starch )
- In a frying pan , melt butter and stir until it turns light brown
- Add this to your rice and mix ...Notice the aroma .... !!
- Serve and enjoy !!
- Kali orexi ( bon appetite ) !!