4 B's Style Cream of Tomato Soup

• mommyluvs2cook 14 years ago
    By Keni:

I've been meaning to try this for some time...and finally did! Me and my daughter devoured ours and yes, I served it with a grilled cheese on the side! Never been to a 4 B's, but they sure do have good soup! Also posted a pic.!
    Flag
  • pointsevenout 14 years ago said:
    Bookmarked! No grilled cheese with it though. Gums are still too tender. I'll just soak soft bread cubes in it.
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 14 years ago said:
    Bread cubes would be a great alternative! Why the gums so sore?
    Flag
  • juels 14 years ago said:
    Went ahead and made this tonight for dinner. Needed to get rid of the garden tomatoes. I know, I know, I messed with the formula a little, but it still came out great! Added my picture. Thanks to Keni and Mommyluvs for posting this recipe!
    Flag
  • lovebreezy 10 years ago said: Flag
  • pointsevenout 8 years ago said:
    Made the soup to spec this time, cans and all.
    Good flavor. Onion flavor shines through just enough.
    I don't see any tomato or onion lumps in the authors picture.
    Flag
  • frankieanne 8 years ago said:
    That's a good one for when it isn't tomato season.
    Flag
  • bakerme 8 years ago said:
    I think it's a law that you have to have grilled cheese with tomato soup! ;)
    Flag
    Please don't call the food police! I've done a good job hiding out.
    Flag
  • Cosmicmother 8 years ago said:
    Lol....I do like grilled cheese. But I usually have a nice piece of rustic grainy toast slathered in butter with my tomato soup! ;)
    Did you use the petite-cut tomatoes too Points? Some brands of diced tomatoes have so much citric acid that that they never break down in soups or stews I find.
    Will have to try this soon, it sounds good :)
    Flag
  • bakerme 8 years ago said:
    Hahaha, Points!
    Flag
    Yes, petite-cut tomatoes per spec. And there is a little fizzing going on when the baking soda is added. Can't be enough to increase the PH of the soup, so I wonder what is the baking sodas main purpose.
    Flag
    After a little research on the 'net, the only thing referred to is reducing the acidity of the tomato soup. And a little goes a long way. Too much makes for a flavorless soup. A pinch of something, because not everyone's pinches are the same, has tried to be standardized as an eighth of a teaspoon.
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 8 years ago said:
    Glad you liked this Points, even without the grilled cheese lol :) I need to make this one again, it was good!!
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →