Radd's Jaw Dropping - 4 Pepper Steak

• mrpiggy 12 years ago
    Jaw Dropping 4 Pepper Steak

I have made this before(grilling). I dont know if I posted to IMI so here it is, again. This time I followed the recipe using a cast iron skillet instead of grilling (like I always do) I also didnt have garlic pepper so I made my own. Great flavor. This came out a bit less med-rare than I would have liked. Need more practice cooking this way. I still loved it. I cooked between 4-5 min each side at a high heat. I think next time I would use a lower heat and more cook time. Thanks, Radd for this great peppery recipe. Love pepper
    Flag
  • frankieanne 12 years ago said:
    I didn't realize there were so many different kinds of pepper. I don't even think I've heard of garlic pepper. Nice looking steaks, MrP.
    Flag
  • radd 12 years ago said:
    Thanks for posting it to the IMI. So glad you finally confronted the skillet! Takes some practice but you will learn it quick!
    Flag
  • keni 12 years ago said:
    ...looks delicious, MP! Good for you for trying the pan method.... just another hint, make sure, when you're doing a steak indoors, that you don't get distracted.... cus even a minute can make a difference! ;-)
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 12 years ago said:
    Great looking recipe Mr. P!! I too have never seen garlic pepper but this is the first recipe I've seen that's calls for it, so never had a reason to look for it :)
    Flag
  • mrpiggy 12 years ago said:
    Thanks guys. It was a great steak.

And, yes, Keni. I did get distracted. The "distracted" side of the steak is facing down. I came back to the PC for some reason and that was all it took....

I usually do this with grilled cheese sandwiches so I should have known not to leave it : P
    Flag
    live and learn, my dear.... nothing on the computer is worth ruining a great cut of meat.
    Flag
    Well, it was the computer that got me to cook it. So can I blame her : )
    Flag
    you're computer's female? Like a boat?

Weird.
    Flag
    Yep. So are my vehicles. : )
    Flag
  • sparow64 12 years ago said:
    This looks awesome! FrankieAnne and ML2C, I use garlic pepper in almost everything! It's listed in most of my recipes. You can buy it in any spice aisle. I prefer the McCormick's or Lawry's (they are pretty much the same) to the cheaper ones I've bought. lol Can't wait to try this steak. Thanks for posting it again MrP, cuz I missed it the first time. : )
    Flag
  • frankieanne 12 years ago said:
    Thanks, sparow. I never knew! I'm still learning new things here! :)
    Flag
  • sparow64 12 years ago said:
    LOL me too, FrankieAnne...isn't it great? : )
    Flag
  • lovebreezy 10 years ago said:
    #1 - Reviews for this recipe:
    1 The one on this very page
    2 Jaw Dropping 4 Pepper Steak
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →