Shredded Buffalo Chicken SandwichesFrom keni 5 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 3lbs boneless, skinless chicken pieces(frozen is okay) shopping list
- 1 bottle favorite hot wing sauce(about 17oz) shopping list
- 4oz(ish) sliced or diced medium heat peppers(ie canned green chilies, jarred pepperoncini or banana, etc) shopping list
- 2 blocks cream cheese shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 4T dried dill shopping list
- 2T dried parsley shopping list
- 2T dried minced onion shopping list
- 1T BBQ seasoning(optional) shopping list
- 1T dried celery powder(optional-don't use celery salt, but you can grind celery seed or dried leaves, here) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- For serving: shopping list
- 8 hard rolls shopping list
- leaf lettuce shopping list
- fresh tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- crumbled blue cheese(optional...I use gorgonzola) shopping list
How to make it
- Add all filling ingredients to sprayed slow cooker. If desired, you can hold back 1/4 of each of the seasoning ingredients and add in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Cook for 4-6 hours, depending on age of slow cooker and if chicken was fresh or frozen. This can also cook as long as 8 hours.
- At about halfway through cooking, shred chicken with forks and continue cooking. Remove lid at the last hour or so, if filling needs to thicken a bit.
- Serve on toasted hard rolls with the lettuce, tomato and green onion, and top the chicken with the crumbled blue cheese
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating10 people
a five fork from me!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Sounds and looks fantastic! Good to see you! Have a great day! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
Sounds delicious! My Assateague Island Hot Wings Sauce would work well with this recipe...you might want to thicken it with a little with corn starch. great recipe!
mrjwjohnson in Delmar loved it