Southern Fried ChickenFrom diannehocut 7 years ago
- 9-11 pieces of cut up chicken shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soda shopping list
- 1 cup allpurpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon savory or poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white or black pepper shopping list
- oil and large iron skillet for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Place the cut up chicken pieces into a zip lock bag along with the buttermilk and soda. Put in fridge for about 30 minutes
- Drain chicken
- Place the flour, spices into another bag and shake
- Add chicken and coat well
- Heat oil on medium stovetop setting and fry turning often until golden brown and done when a toothpick inserted does not yield pink liquid (about 30 minutes)
- Keep the oil at a temperature that does not simmer, but does not fry too fast
The Cookdiannehocut Little Rock, AR
The Rating10 people
Thank-you for sharing this "5"FORK!!!!!
'Southern' recipe for fried chicken~
The buttermilk & soda are the 'secret'
to a 'CHICKENELICIOUS' Treat! (^_^) ~
Thanks for the great photos!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Yummy! High 5 to you!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
OH YES!!!!!!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!