old italian meat sauceFrom ladychablis 5 years ago
- 2 lbs grund beef shopping list
- 1 lb ground pork shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 2 onions chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 3 cups dry red wine shopping list
- 2 lbs mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 1/4 t dried rosemary shopping list
- 4 T fresh oregano shopping list
- 1/4 t chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 3[29 oz]tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 [6 oz] tomatopaste shopping list
- 2 T parmesan cheese shopping list
- an cheese shopping list
How to make it
- brown meat in large skillet.
- in another pot, saute onions and garlic until tender. add 1/2 C wine.mix well.
- add mushrooms, herbs and another 1/2 C wine.saute until tender.
- add....browned meat, tomato sauce, tomato paste. Simmer one hour, then add the last 2 Cups of wine.
- simmer very slow for 2 to 3 hours, stir occasionally.
- I like to throw in a piece of chicken too. a leg or couple wings.
The Cookladychablis Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating10 people
I've always been looking for a recipe like this.Thank you so much for this recipe.I'm looking forward on making this.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
Sounds like a keeper! Welcome the the site!!!a1patti in Salem loved it
delicious... five forks
peetapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it