Crab BisqueFrom ravenseyes 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 14 oz. chicken stock (homemade would be best) shopping list
- 2 Tbsps. tomato paste shopping list
- 2 cups cream (heavy) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper (fresh ground) shopping list
- 3/4 cup sherry or marsala wine shopping list
- 1 lb crab meat (lump crab- blue crab) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a medium sized pot (non stick), add flour, salt and pepper - as though you were making a rue (blonde rue). Allow flour to melt into the butter and stir constantly until the flour is a blonde rue.
- Combine rue with Tomato Paste and slowly add the chicken stock whisking as you go. Once this has come to a moderate heat add marsala and cream - not together or you will cruddle - if you want a dryer taste use a dry sherry instead.
- Finally add your star ingredient - Crab and allow to come full heat slowly and serve with a wedge of crusty bread and salad for a full meal or just by itself for a great intro to a wonderful dinner.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating6 people
I love soups of any kind. This one looks great! Thanks for the post!
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
Sounds rich and yummy!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
This is a wonderful recipe, I must try!tuilelaith in Columbia loved it