Crab and shrimp etouffeeFrom hot_it_up 7 years ago
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions shopping list
- 1 rib celery, chopped shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell peppers shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell peppers shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 pounds medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- 2 pounds jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage shopping list
- Hot cooked long-grain white rice for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a large, heavy pot, over medium-low heat, melt the butter and add the flour. Stirring often, cook until the foam subsides and the mixture turns a golden color, like sandpaper, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the onions, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until soft and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the water and stir to blend and the mixture thickens. Add the shrimp and stir to mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp turn pink, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the salt, Tabasco, and black pepper and continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes longer. Add the green onions and the parsley, and the crabmeat. Don't stir or you'll break up the crabmeat. Gently shake the pot, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it rest (with the lid on the pot) for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over the rice
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating6 people
Just the way I remember it!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
~HELLO~ "'Honey 'Chile'"~
YOU just 'know what's cookin'~!
This recipe is "5"FORK!!!!! in My Kitchen!
Added to some of my 'Groups'~
~FLAGGED~!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
5 from me.
Edspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!