Lemon Nut BreadFrom mrsc543 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup butter. softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- lemon zest from one lemon shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- juice of two lemons shopping list
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk and dry ingredients to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with buttermilk. Stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in lemon zest and pecans.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Combine lemon juice and powdered sugar and stir well.
- Punch holes in top of warm bread and pour on glaze.
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating9 people
lemons rule in desserts!!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Sound good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
This sounds wonderful! Thanks for the great post.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it