Chicken Marsala with MushroomsFrom valinkenmore 4 years ago
- 4 (5-ounce) boneless chicken breast halves, skin on shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 3 shallots, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 pound mixed mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry marsala wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Spread flour on a sheet of waxed paper; dredge chicken with flour on both sides, then gently shake off excess flour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a heavy 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to lightly brown and smell fragrant, then add olive oil, swirling pan to combine. Add chicken, skin side down, and sauté 3 minutes or until skin is lightly browned. Turn chicken and sauté second side 3 minutes; remove chicken, skin side up, to a plate.
- Lower heat to medium and add another 1 tablespoon butter to skillet with shallots; sauté 2 minutes. Add mushrooms to skillet, raise the heat to high, and sauté until mushrooms are lightly browned and softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in Marsala wine and let it boil 30 seconds, then add chicken stock. Place chicken breasts, skin side up, on top of mixture and continue to simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until chicken is just barely pink in thickest parts when slit with a knife. Stir in parsley; season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating11 people
Aaaaaaaahhhhh lovely. Thank you Val, for posting this. Bookmarked and printed. MMMMMMM Good!
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
Thanks for posting this, Val. I do make chicken Marsala and can tell you that it is as easy as it is tasty and, yet, so impressive! Five forks.mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Terrific! I've never done it myself, but have had it many times. Sounds great, will be doing soon.... ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it