Mushroom StrudelFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- • 2 lbs. mushrooms shopping list
- • 1/4 cup minced shallots or green onions shopping list
- • 6 tbsp butter shopping list
- • 2 tbsp oil shopping list
- • salt and pepper shopping list
- • 2 8-oz packages cream cheese shopping list
- • 8 sheets frozen strudel or filo dough, 16 inches x 22 inches shopping list
- • 3/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- • bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mince mushrooms and squeeze them dry in the corner of a towel.
- Sauté with minced shallots or green onions in butter and oil over moderately high heat, stirring frequently. Cook until pieces separate and the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Blend in cream cheese.
- Spread a sheet of strudel or filo dough on a damp towel, narrow end toward you. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle on bread crumbs. Repeat with second and third sheets, stacking them on top of the first sheet, then butter, but do not crumb fourth sheet. Put half the mushroom mixture on narrower edge of the dough, leaving a 2- to 3-inch border at the sides. Fold in the sides, then, using the edge of the towel, roll. Prepare the second strudel.
- Put strudels on buttered baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Bake in oven until brown (about 20 minutes). The strudel cuts easily with shears. Strudel can be made and baked ahead, stored in the refrigerator or in the freezer overnight, and then reheated.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating13 people
Great recipe. Thanks for posting. Donnakytigger in Louisville loved it
Nice recipes high 5!!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Bookmarked under great appetizers! ^5!!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!