Holiday CauliflowerFrom upstatevoyager 9 years ago
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets shopping list
- 1 can mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 cup cheddar or swiss cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pimento, diced shopping list
How to make it
- Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water just until tender-crisp. Drain.
- In large skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter.
- Blend in flour. Cook until bubbly.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook until thickened.
- Stir in salt, cayenne, cheese and pimento. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Arrange half the caullflower in bottom of greased 2 quart casserole.
- Cover with half the sauce.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.