Parmesan Butternut Squash GratinFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1 butternut squash (2-1/2 lb) shopping list
- 1/4 c butter shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic,finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 c panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 13x9" (3 qt) glass baking dish with spray. Peel,halve lenthwise and seed squash;cut into 1/2" thick slices. Arrange in baking dish with slices overlapping slightly.
- In 2 qt saucepan,melt butter over med. heat. Reduce heat to low. Add garlic;cook 2 to 3 mins,stirring frequently,until garlic is soft and butter is infused with garlic flavor.Do not let butter brown.
- In small bowl ,mix bread crumbs ,cheese and 1 TBs. of the butter-garlic mixture. Brush squash slices with remaining butter-garlic mixture. Sprinkle with salt,pepper and bread crumb mixture.
- Bake,uncovered 30 to 40 mins or until squash is tender when pierced with fork. Increase oven temperature to 425;bake 5 to 10 mins. longer or till lightly browned. Before serving,sprinkle parsley over the top.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
I really like that this isn't a sweet butternut squash dish....like the play of parmesan and garlic against the naturally sweet squash. Sounds wonderful.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
I am all over this one.Thank uchef2 in Las Vegas loved it
Gotta love anything with butternut in it!mamalou in Attleboro loved it