Golden Baked Pork CutletsFrom valinkenmore 5 years ago
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoons canola oil shopping list
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten shopping list
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Holding a chef’s knife at a 45° angle and perpendicular to the tenderloin, slice the pork into 4 long, thin “fillets” (see photo).
- Mix breadcrumbs, sugar, paprika, onion powder and salt in a shallow dish. Drizzle with oil and mash with a fork until the oil is thoroughly incorporated. Lightly beat egg white with a fork in another shallow dish. Sprinkle cornstarch over the pork slices and pat to coat evenly on both sides. Dip the pork into the egg, then press into the breading mixture until evenly coated on both sides. (Discard leftover mixture.)
- Place the pork on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until just barely pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F, 14 to 16 minutes.