Puerto Rican Rice With PorkFrom hungrybear 4 years ago
- 1 pound boneless pork loin shopping list
- 1 large onion, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 30 pimiento-stuffed green olives shopping list
- 2 cups long-grain white rice shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth, hot shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- salt and black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Trim all visible fat from the pork and cut into one inch cubes. In a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat, sauté the pork in 1 tablespoon of the oil for about 10 minutes, turning several times, until the outside is cooked.
- Remove the pork to a plate with a slotted spoon. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan juices. Sauté the onions, bell pepper, and garlic over medium heat until the onions are golden brown
- Add the rice and sauté it, stirring, for about 4 minutes. Stir in the chicken broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, add the pork, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and all the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the green olives. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowl or plate and garnish with the parsley.