Whole Wheat Nutty PancakesFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- ¾ cup Quaker Oats shopping list
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1½ cups buttermilk shopping list
- ¼ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until fine, like flour.
- Combine ground oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl combine buttermilk, oil, egg and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Add nuts and mix well with the mixer.
- Lightly oil a skillet or griddle; preheat it to medium heat.
- Ladle ⅓ cup of the batter onto the hot skillet and cook the pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until brown.
- Serve with syrup or topped with powdered sugar or fresh fruit - and a dollop of whipped cream is always a nice addition, if you've got it!
- Note - this batter will not keep in the refrigerator, so I prepare all the pancakes, then freeze them with a piece of waxed paper between layers. Pop them into the toaster, right from the freezer, and they will come out warm and crisped up just a bit - reheats great.
- Note - these are good with blueberries or mashed bananas added to the batter, also. I use about 1 cup and just fold it gently into the batter at the very end.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating11 people
Will have to try these soon.. the older I get the more I love pancakes... Wonder why that is...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Looks yummy. I will be omitting the pecans, though, due to my husband's pecan allergy. They would be good without them, I am sure.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
They are yummy! We just had them for supper tonite. I will have to double it when I make it for the whole crowd. There were just 3 of us tonite.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it