Vermont Cheddar and Ale SoupFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 1 garlic bulb, roasted shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, chopped & carmelized shopping list
- 1 red pepper, diced 1/4 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced 1/4 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 shallots thinly chopped shopping list
- 2 qt vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 pint heavy cream shopping list
- 2 pounds Cheddar, shredded shopping list
- 22 oz ale shopping list
- 3 large yukon gold potatoes, diced 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Saute shallots, peppers, and carrots until soft in 2 T olive oil and 1 T butter.
- Add bottle of beer and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add carmelized onions, potatoes, stock and remaining butter.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender, then turn off flame.
- Add cream, roasted garlic and cheddar slowly with whisk.
- Puree in blender.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chives and croutons
People Who Like This Dish 9
- renalyon Nowhere, Us
- optimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- bobbyc0117 Canfield, OH
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- jackis Minneapolis, MN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating8 people
Wow...love this! Printing now...thanks and ^5!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
all delicous flavors for a great soup thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Well you helped me figure out what I'm making for dinner tonight. I'll let you know how it turned out. 5 from me.bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Cooking With Beer39 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Soup Is Good Food59 members
I Love SOUP97 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Easy And Delicious86 members
Soups And Stews106 members