Cinnamon RollsFrom heirloomtomato 5 years ago
- ROLLS: shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 pkg (.25 ounce) active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 pkg (3.4 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix shopping list
- 1 cup warm milk shopping list
- 1 egg, room temp shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 cups bread flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup softened butter shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 6 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- *optional* 3/4 cup chopped pecans, raisins, etc. shopping list
- ICING: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine yeast & warm (115 degree) water (I added a tiny shot of honey for the yeast to "feed" on). Let proof for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine flour, pudding mix, salt, egg, milk, melted butter, 1/2 - 1 tsp of the cinnamon & yeast mixture in electric mixer bowl. Mix on lowish speed for a few minutes. Let dough rest in bowl for 30-60 minutes.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface & roll into a 17" x 10" rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter all over the dough and then sprinkle the brown sugar & cinnamon (pre combine the sugar & cinnamon before sprinkling, also add nuts or raisins if desired) all over the top of the buttery dough.
- Roll up the dough, starting from the long side.
- Cut into 15-16 pieces (I cut in in half & then repeat & repeat, etc. Works well)
- Place rolls in buttered 9x13 pan. Let rise in warm place until doubled in size (about 45 mins).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- While rolls cool make icing:
- Combine butter, cream, & brown sugar in saucepan.
- Bring to a soft little bubbley boil & boil for 2 mins.
- Beat in the cup of powdered sugar & then pour icing over rolls. Mmmmmmm.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookheirloomtomato Minneapolis, MN
The Rating4 people
I'll bet these deserve a 10 instead the lowly 5 we give things here! Great post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Yum! These sound so delicious. I'm going to have to make them and sit with my cup of coffee and savor every bite! Yep, I'd give this recipe a 10 also!!!petunia97 in Gonzales loved it
Oh I really want to make these!
^ 5 and thanks for sharing...pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!