Spinach Stuffed Flank SteakFrom valinkenmore 6 years ago
- 2 lb. beef flank steak shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 teas. ground sage shopping list
- 1/4 teas. salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. flour shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pound flank steak with a meat mallet to 1/4" thick.
- Combine egg, spinach, cheese, sage, salt and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs.Spread filling over steak to within 1" from the sides. Starting with the narrow side, roll up steak like a jelly roll and tie with string at 1" intervals.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and brown steak roll over medium high heat until brown on all sides. Transfer to a 10"x6" baking dish. Combine tomato sauce, wine, onion and garlic and pour over meat. Cover with foil and bake for 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and transfer meat to serving platter, tent with foil to keep warm.
- Pour pan juices into measuring cup and add water to make 1-3/4 cups of liquid. Pour into saucepan. Comgine 1/4 cup cold water and flour, whisk to remove any lumps and pour into pan juices. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened.
- To serve, remove string from meat roll and slice in 1" thick slices. Serve with sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 4
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating7 people
this is a very good recipe.. five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Love it!!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
I give it a five forks!! and a drink also!goodeat in Benton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!