Cheesy Chicken Enchilada SoupFrom ahebert 5 years ago
- 1 Tbl. canola oil shopping list
- 1 Lb. chicken breast (2-3 depending on size) shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced shopping list
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup masa harina (mexican corn flour) shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup enchilada sauce shopping list
- 16 oz. Velveeta shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt (optional) shopping list
- 1 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Add 1 Tbl. of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 mins per side or until cooked through. set chicken aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pot and saute over med/med-low heat until onions become translucent. Add chicken broth.
- Combine masa harina to 2 cups of water and wisk until blended. Add to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
- Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, Velveeta and spices to the pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 mins or until thick.
- serve soup topped with shredded cheese, pico de gallo, and/or totilla strips.