Vietnamese Fried RiceFrom tablescape 4 years ago
- 2 bunches scallions shopping list
- 3 large carrots shopping list
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- For seasoning Liquid: shopping list
- 3 tbs Asian fish sauce (any oriental store carries this) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbs rice vinegar (no substitute) shopping list
- 2 tbs sugar shopping list
- Other: shopping list
- 5 cups chilled Chinese white rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbs corn or safflower oil shopping list
- 2 tbs minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp dried hot red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or mint leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts shopping list
How to make it
- Finely chop enough scallions to measure about 2 cups and coarsely shred enough carrots to measure about 2 cups. Rinse bean sprouts and trim stringy root ends. In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Make Seasoning Liquid:
- In a small bowl ,stir together seasoning liquid ingredients.
- In a deep 12 inch heavy nonstick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and stir fry eggs until scrambled, abou 30 seconds. Add scallions, garlic and red pepper flakes and stir fry about 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add carrots and bean sprouts and stir fry until carrots begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 mnutes, or until heated through. Stir seasoning liquid and add to fried rice, tossing to coat evenly.
- Serve fried rice sprinked with cilantro or mint and dry roasted peanuts.
- Serves 4 as a main dish or 6 to 8 as a side dish.
- Chinese Rice:
- 2 3/4 cup long grain Chinese rice
- 4 cups water
- Put rice in a 3 to 4 quart heavy saucpan and, using your fingers as a rake, rinse under cold running water. Drain rice in a colander.
- In a pan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil with rice. Simmer rice, covered, over moderately low to low heat until steam holes appear on surface and water is absorbed, about 16 minutes.
- With a fork, fluff rice and spread in a shallow baking pan. Cool rice completely.
- Chill rice, covered with plastic wrap, at least 12 hours. Rice may be be made 2 days ahead and chilled in a sealable plastic bag.
- Makes about 10 cups.
The Cooktablescape FL
The Rating9 people
I like it.... Thanks.berry in loved it
And last, but not least, FIVE FORKS, for this one!! I really hope that computer info helps! If not, I will eat liver for a week:( (YUCK!!!!) LOLsnowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
This sounds so good, I love it. love it. love it!!!bakesalotsabo in Pinellas Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!