Sweet Mexican CornbreadFrom tablescape 5 years ago
- 1 cup butter (it's worth it) shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can cream stye corn shopping list
- 2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chili peppers, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup all pupose flour shopping list
- 1 cup yellow comeal shopping list
- 4 tsp bakingpowder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in cream style corn, chiles, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in peheated overn for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooktablescape FL
The Rating7 people
~YES~ I agree with You that
"it is worth the (REAL) Butter"
to create this "5"FORK!!!!! recipe~
Thank-you so much for sharing~
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Awesome recipe! I'd also like to know how much sugar you use....thanks for a great post...^5
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Wow! gonna put some pepper=jack in heretoo Yeah! delicousmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!