Mushroom Stuffed MushroomsFrom dugger 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 slices stale bread (for bread crumbs) shopping list
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 16 mushroom caps shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Remove stems and gills from mushrooms. Chop stems and set aside.
- 2. Place bread slices in food processor or blender and chop to crumbs. Medium size, don't pulverize them.
- 3. Melt butter in a small saute skillet See Photo. Add garlic, salt, green onion, thyme, turmeric and pepper. Heat over medium heat until blended.
- 4. Add chopped mushroom stems and saute until mushrooms are tender. Add Parsley and bread crumbs and mix all together.
- 5. Spray the bottom of a glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Fill each mushroom cap with the stuffing mix and arrange in baking dish. See Photo
- 5. Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes or until mushrooms are brown and tender See Photo. Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating9 people
This is wonderful and ya know, tumeric is very good for you! I love mushrooms...Thanks. This deserves a 5.organicmama in loved it
Well, not everyone appreciates the organic idea. I am not a vegetarian but everything does not need to have red meat in it. I love seafood and have many recipes posted for it. This recipe is an adaptation from a cookbook. I needed to adjust the a...moredugger in Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville) loved it
Ohhhhh, this sounds *wonderful*! I love the idea of the dish tasting like it contains sausage; my husband can't eat sausage, but we miss the flavor. Thanks!soprano in Winnetka loved it