homemade corned beefFrom bobbyc0117 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 Qts. of water shopping list
- 1 1/2 C. kosher salt shopping list
- 1 C. brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C. pickling spices shopping list
- 1 flat brisket trimed (do not remove all the fat) shopping list
- 2 T. spoons Pink curing salt or salt peter (this will keep the meat that nice pink color instead of an ugly grey) shopping list
- 1 Bottle of beer shopping list
How to make it
- Pierce the brisket all over with a paring knife, then place in a very large zip top freezer bag
- Put the rest of the ingredients minus the beer in a large bowl a whisk
- till disolved
- Add the beer and mix to incorporate
- Pour over brisket, making sure to cover it completely with the brine, extract as much air as possible. seal the bag and lay it flat in the refrigerator.
- Turn the bag daily for 1 week.
- After one week your beef is now corned, remove from brine and rinse well.
- Place the corned beef in a large dutch oven and cover with water, add some onion, carrot ,and celery and cook on a simmer for 2- 3 hours till fork tender
- If you are making sandwiches allow to cool completely, then alice thinly against the grain.
The Cookbobbyc0117 Canfield, OH
The Rating14 people
I luv homemade cornbeef -great for sandwiches added horseradish sauce yeah slice mr. pepper-jack cheese yummy! thanks bunches great postmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh yes and a bottle of Guiness!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
I am so happy that You & I became 'Food Friends'
a couple of weeks ago! I Love this "5"FORK!!!!! recipe for making
'Corn-Beef' is one of my Family's Favorite Things!
During the Upcoming...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!