Thomas Jeffersons Sweet Potato BiscuitsFrom despinap 4 years ago
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 c firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tb baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 ts ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 ts ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 ts ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 ts salt shopping list
- 1/2 c chilled lard; cut into pieces shopping list
- 1 c sweet potato, cooked, peeled, mashed and cooled shopping list
- 1/2 c heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 c coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- Add the lard and cut it in with a pastry cutter till the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the sweet potato and stir till well blended.
- Add the cream and pecans and stir till the dough is just moist.
- Transfer to a lightly floured work surface, roll out 1 1/2 inches thick, and cut out rounds with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Roll the scraps together and cut out more rounds.
- Arrange the rounds on the prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart and bake in center of the oven till golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or let cool on a wire rack.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookdespinap Brooklyn, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!