Crusty-almond CakeFrom gourmetana 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 1/2 oz sugar shopping list
- 4 oz plain flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz butter or margarine melted shopping list
- 2 tbsps cream or milk shopping list
- caramel icing: shopping list
- 2 1/4 oz slivered blanched almonds shopping list
- 1 1/2 oz butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 1/4 oz sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp plain flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp cream or milk shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until foamy.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and stir into the mixture together with the fat and cream or milk.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured shallow pan.
- Bake at 345F for 30 minutes.
- Melt the fat.
- Stir in the almonds, sugar, flour, and cream or milk. Bring to a simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Spread the icing evenly over the cake when it has been in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Continue baking for another 15 minutes.
The Cookgourmetana London, UK
The Rating6 people
Looks great!! FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
SOUNDS GREAT...FIVE FORKSpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
This sounds so delicious. I love caramelized nuts. If you split the cake in half and fill it with sweetened whipped cream, it would be like a German cake called a "Bienenstich" or in English a "Bee Sting".joe1155 in Munchen loved it