CoquitoFrom dee 9 years ago
- 1 c. water shopping list
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, fresh grated is the best shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 14oz can Condensed Milk* shopping list
- 1 12oz can Evaporated milk* shopping list
- 1 15oz can Cream of Coconut* shopping list
- 1 15oz can coconut milk, optional* shopping list
- 1 fifth of GOOD light rum of your choice – I do not suggest using a dark rum, as it will change the colour and not be very pretty shopping list
- Old wine and/or liquor bottles that have been thoroughly cleaned, rinsed and dried. Can also use pretty clear bottles that you have decorated to give this made up recipe as gifts over the Holidays. The bottles with the metal bails and rubber stoppers are a nice idea to use as well for gifting to someone. And don’t forget to Gift one to yourself. shopping list
- * Wherever in the world that you live the sizes of these cans might differ a bit by an ounce or so either way. It really does not matter, as this is not a baked recipe, just liquids added together to create a Wonderful tasting Drink. So do not fret if the ounces are a bit different, it will still work. Trust me. shopping list
How to make it
- Put the water and spices into a pan and gently boil for a few minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and let the liquid cool while you are opening the cans.
- Put the water mix into a large bowl.
- Add all the cans of milk, egg yolks and stir up really well.
- Add the Rum and taste :-)
- Might want to taste it again to be sure it tastes good.
- You can add a bit more ground nutmeg, ground cloves or ground cinnamon to your taste.
- Pour into the bottles that you have ready and cap them off well, and put in the refrigerator.