Japanese Christmas CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- For sponge cake: shopping list
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter shopping list
- For whipping cream: shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 4 tbsps sugar shopping list
- Garnish: 16 pieces whole strawberry shopping list
How to make it
- Spread some butter inside of an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Put eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk very well.
- Place the bowl over hot water in another large bowl and whisk further.
- When the egg mixture becomes white, shift flour and baking powder together and add to the bowl.
- Add melted butter in the bowl and mix gently.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake in the preheated oven for 25-35 min.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool it on a rack.
- Cut the cake in half horizontally.
- Mix heavy cream and sugar in a bowl.
- Whip the cream well.
- Slice 8 pieces of strawberries into thin pieces.
- Take the half of the whipped cream and mix the sliced strawberries.
- Place the cream on top of a round cake slice.
- Place another cake slice on top of the cream.
- Spread the rest of the whipped cream on top and around the cake.
- Decorate the cake with 8 pieces of strawberries.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
seems simple and elegantchichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
hIGH 5,Merry CHRISTmas!!!lanabade in Goshen loved it
Very good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Japanese Food290 members
Fruit Desert40 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
A Fruity World45 members