ITALIAN MAC-N-CHEESEFrom chef2 7 years ago
- ITALIAN MAC-N-cheese shopping list
- 1 lb. ziti rigate, penne rigate or cavatappi shopping list
- 1 lb. Italian bulk sweet sausage shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 12 crimini mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup heavy (whipping) cream shopping list
- 1 (10-oz.) sack, 2 1/2 cups, shredded Italian four-cheese blend shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained well shopping list
- 1 tsp. hot sauce, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt water and cook pasta to a chewy al dente, about 8 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet, brown and crumble the sausage. Drain cooked crumbles on paper towel lined plate.
- Return pan to heat and add extra-virgin olive oil, butter, garlic and mushrooms. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Saute 3 to 5 minutes, until mushrooms are lightly golden.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- To mushrooms, add flour and stir, cooking two minutes.
- Whisk in stock, then stir in cream. Bring cream to a bubble, then stir in 2 cups of four-cheese blend. When cheese has melted into sauce, add tomatoes. When sauce comes to a bubble, remove from heat and adjust seasonings, adding hot sauce if desired.
- Combine cheese sauce with sausage and pasta, transfer to baking dish, casserole or oven safe serving platter. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of four-cheese blend and the grated Parmesan over the top.
- Brown under hot broiler.
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!