Make It Yourself- Crab Rangoon-ciFrom keni 6 years ago
- 12-16oz cream cheese, softened(depending on how "crabby" you want them) shopping list
- 8oz crab, cooked, picked, and flaked shopping list
- 4 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon shopping list
- dash of hot sauce(ie Rooster or Tabasco) shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 24-32 wonton wrappers shopping list
- peanut oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Mix medium bowl mix cream cheese and crab until well combined.
- Add green onions, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce and black pepper. Fold to combine all ingredients.
- Heat oil in cast iron dutch oven, wok, or deep fryer to 350.
- On smooth surface, lay wonton wrappers one at a time.
- Spoon about 1T onto middle of each wrapper.
- With fingertip or small pastry brush, add small amount of water to edges of wrapper.
- Bring corners up to meet in the middle, pressing all edges together to form seal.
- **alternatively, place wrapper diagonal, dropping mixture in middle, and still moistening edges, but fold over to form triangle. (See pics for both ways of making each rangoon)
- Carefully drop a few at a time into hot oil.
- Let cook, keeping oil temperature between 350-375 until completely browned. About 3 minutes.
- Continue with remaining wontons.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating7 people
These look great! I may run out and get some wonton wrappers and make these today.cmnjersey in Edgewater Park loved it
These sound delicious! Love the photos! 5 forksgourmetana in London loved it
Shaweet! I'm definitely making these. I'm printing this recipe out to show my gf because she'll want to make this too. 10,000 forks!chefmal in Bronx loved it